Summer Is Here

Today's exam went pretty good. It seems that my alpha-beta pruning technique needs a little bit of work, or rather I need to reduce the stupidity that tends to come forth from time to time. Maybe I'm just not a morning person. Well, at least they're all done now. I can't wait to see the results since I'm doing a little "experiment" this semester. I studied, on average, about 30-40% less than previous semesters and I want to see how significant of a difference this makes.

I checked out a few geometry books from the library to start reading, from introductory to expert. to start reading. Hopefully the intro book will refresh my memory, and the advanced books will offer some insight into more advanced algorithms for different things. Hopefully by Friday I'll have a better idea of how I'm going to represent these geometrical entities. Better yet, I'll probably have the answer to "Why am I going to represent the geometrical entities this way?"

I also done some more Google searching for existing geometry software. I came across a geometry package that sort of does some stuff that I'm looking to do, but it is more GIS focused. I'm going to look through some of the source and see if I can pull anything good out of it. I also checked out SourceForge and found GMath. Most of my other searching just led to geometry software that is outside of what I plan on doing for this summer (eg, dynamic geometry). I'm going to look at these other pieces of software, and if none of my findings go against my current "decisions" then I will probably move on to the planning phase.

I'm expecting this to be a busy summer, but that's just the way I like it. If I'm not being constructive then I'm usually just wasting time. I should probably go to bed since it's 2:30 in the morning!

No comments: